29.1.13

A partywear

 Assalam-alaikum.

This was one of the dresses that i sew for my daughter. But unfortunately, it didn't go as I had planned. It was the first time that i was tackling with a knit fabric. My earlier ventures (which I would share later), were all with the ever-loving and ever-obeying cotton!
The dress, by the way was a tad too tight and she felt really uncomfortable in it. So, I gave this as a gift to one of my friends' daughter.

I just love bows and ruffles. It just makes everything so girly and lovable, right? And this has both the ruffle and I couldn't resist myself from putting in a bow made by satin ribbon. On the whole, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. But of course, that aside, I wouldn't want to deal with knits for some time now. Maybe another few cotton projects before moving on, In-shaa-Allah!

And my inspiration was all from
 http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/01/re-purposing-t-shirt-into-ruffly-dress.html
and
http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/02/decorating-with-pre-ruffled-fabric-ideas-and-tutorial.html

Check them out and you'll go ga-ga!!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق